Monday 9 June 2008

Back From the Blues - One of My Secrets For Improving Mood

Today has just been one of "those" days! I'm tired, cranky and I think my kids hate me. It seems that everyone wants something and place their expectations above my own. Yep, I'm over-worked ( I work from home ) underpaid and feel like there is just no point to all of this. I think I am just going to turn out the lights, lay down and not get up for about a week. And that's just what I did! Well sorta, I told the kids I was taking TIME OUT! ( yes mommies are allowed ) laid down with the lights out and closed my eyes. But instead of drifting off to sleep I started thinking. What would I really like to do? Something that is hidden within me that no one has any idea is even there? Then I began to visualize myself doing that exact thing. It was amazing, just like watching a movie in my head! The "dream" was so exciting yet soothing that I wrote the following poem. I want to share my "dream" with you until you create your own!

Moonlight Dance

The night dark as ebony but for the yellow jewel of the moon high above. The sky a blank canvas awaiting the artist brush. The silence deafening except for the chirp of crickets. A soft rumbling, rhythmical, elusive, seductive beat creeps into the night.

Walking slowly, with bare feet, on wet grass. Weaving tentatively through the brush. The branches tear at clothing. The irresistible, hypnotic, magnetic sound of the drums pound louder.

Suddenly a clearing appears with a roaring fire. The moon high in the night shining bright. Body swaying, eyes closed, becoming one with the drums. Arms moving seductively to the insistent beat, hips swaying as if they have a life of their own. Clothing flung to parts unknown allowing streams of moonlight to bathe moist skin in a pearly hue. Swirling faster, dipping and leaping, unable to resist the music of your soul.

Dancing, laughing, in complete abandon, not caring, free of the weight of the world. Collapsing in a heap, satiated, complete, smiling a coy smile, as the music ends.

Dare to dream of, dancing to the beat of your own drums, dancing in the moonlight!

The point of all this is that if you don't like where your at, create where you want to be! Taking a time out to use your imagination is a great way to bring you back from the blues! If you enjoyed what you have read please visit my web page.


No comments: